CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Personal Extentions




How are you working to live out your American Dream?What do you do when you hit an obstacle?

Response: I am working on my Dream by being at Isaac Bear Early College, ever since I could remember I have wanted to be an Equestrian Vet; but there is a small dilemma my uncle applies for vet school and it took 10 years for him to get accepted. By going to Bear I have the opportunity to speed up that process by graduation high school as a Sophomore in college, this I believe gives me a large advantage over most students applying for vet. school. I also, have been working at my dream by trying to be around horses; though my family does not have the means to own large amounts of horse nor the experience to care completely for them I have been working closely with a friend of mine who was in the Olympics and is widely known for horse training and riding, she has taught me many things that help me to understand more and more about them and is helping me to work toward my dream of being around and caring for horses as an occupation.

When I hit major obstacles on my journey to my Dream I simply try to pick myself up as quickly and efficiently as possible so that I can't get back to doing what I love to do.




Interviews:

What is the American Dream to you? How have you lived the American dream or How are you living it?




Name: Kendra

Age: 17

Response: I am only 17 years old so how do I define the "Dream" when I haven't the experience to judge. I believe it could be money Because what do you do when you turn 16? You get a job, then go to college to get a better "Higher Paying" job. America thrives on our economy therefore living the so called "American Dream" in my opinion has to do with power thus it comes from money.





Name: Kim

Age: Early 40's

Response: The American Dream to me is having the freedom to follow any dream or goal. In other words I think that the American Dream differs from person to person. My dream as a child was to have a happy home with a loving husband, children and animals and have a good connection with God. AS a teenager the "Dream" stayed the same but I added friends and travel to it. As a young adult I realized health and money were needed. In my middle ages I have wonderful husband I have been with for 25 years, three beautiful healthy daughter and a 6lb. dog that is truly my daughter's but live in my house with us and I love her. I have a great church, I have travel all over on vacations and missions trip and I have made great friends. I cannot ask for much more and to me that is the American Dream the promise of life and love. I might be nice to have a little more money but all in all I am living my American Dream, and I think that until I have passed on I will be living it because I don't believe you can fulfill something unless you haven't any more time to try.



Name: Charlie

Age: 50

Response: I simply am a middle class working man, I pursue the American Dream and out of my hard work I have a nice house, a good wife and healthy happy children. In my opinion I believe that without people like me in the the middle class there would be no American Dream, middle class workers provide that Dream for themselves and others.

0 comments: